Mechanical Engineering : Research
Area of Interests
|SI.NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION||AREA OF INTRESTS|
|1||Dr. Rajesh Rai||PROFSSOR & HEAD||Optimisation of cutting parameters, nanomachining|
|2||Mr. Prashanth D A||ASST PROFESSOR||Composite materials|
|3||Mr. S. Venkatesh kamath||ASST PROFESSOR||Heat exchangers, bio gasification|
|4||Mr. Nithin shet||ASST PROFESSOR||Manufacturing engineering|
|5||Mr. Chandrahas||ASST PROFESSOR||Crack propagation, finite life|
|6||Mr. Prakhyath||ASST PROFESSOR||Cryogenics, Refrigeration , Heat exchangers|
|7||Mr. Vijay kumar H K||ASST PROFESSOR||Product life cycle management|
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Development of a surface Roughness Prediction system for machining of hot chromium steel (AISI H11) based on artificial neural network",ARPN journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 5 Nov 2010 pp 1-7.
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Surface roughness modeling of Hot work Chromium Steel (AISI H11) in face milling ",International journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology vol. 4 no 1, June 2010 pp 1-13.
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Study of Effect of Heat Treatment Processes on Material properties of Manganese Steels", sahyadri International Journal of Research Vol.2 Dec 2016 pp 56-60
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Modeling for the prediction of surface roughness in face milling operation” ,National Conference ETIME-2006 at BMSCE-Bangalore, Feb 10th and 11th 2006.
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Statistical modeling of surface roughness in End Milling operation" ,International Journal of Advanced manufacturing Technology(under review)
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "The statistical modeling of surface roughness in face milling of hot work chromium steel (AISI H11 FAME 2008”,At MEPCO SCHLENK ENGG COLLEGE SIVAKASHI Tamilnadu, 2008.
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Surface roughness modeling in End Milling Operation” presented for the International Conference", FIME- 2010” at NITK, SURATHKAL 2010.
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Mathematical modeling of face milling operations",National Conference of README-2005 at PACE Mangalore between Dec 1st to3rd 2005.
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Modeling for the prediction of surface roughness in face milling operation”,presented for the National Conference ETIME-2006 at BMSCE-Bangalore, Feb 10th and 11th 2006.
- "Dr. Rajesh Rai" "Prediction of surface roughness in face milling operation Using factorial design of experiments” ,National conference RTIMES -2007 at SSIT Tumkur, 2008.
The mechanical department of AJIET has a motto to provide quality education along with competent research in the area of technical studies. The institution has provided with the state of art infrastructure to support all research activities. Faculty members are pursuing interdisciplinary and socially relevant research in their thrust area with state of art equipment in addition to teaching. Mechanical department is also providing a platform for faculty members to interact with other experts in the area of specialization which provides an opportunity for others to access the research quality of institution
The following research activities are being conducted as of now
- Study of wear properties of ferrous alloy both in wet and dry condition
- Optimising the parameters in turning for surface roughness using taguchi method for ferrous alloys
- Optimising the process parameters in surface grinding using taguchi method
- Design and development of sensible thermal storage system
- Design and development of direct micro methanol fuel cell